Contrada del Bruco
Bruco (caterpillar) is situated to the north of the Piazza del Campo. Traditionally, its residents worked in the silk trade. Bruco is one of only four nobile (noble) contrade; its title was earned in 1369 to commemorate its people's bravery in helping to defeat Charles IV, and consolidated in 1371 when they led the revolt to replace the Sienese council with a people's government. Their colours are yellow and green with blue bands.
8 Pin61 Follower