The island of Loreto is located in Lake Iseo, north of Monte Isola, is privately owned. At the end of the 15th century, the island was purchased by St. Clare Sisters of Brescia, who set up a convent. The structure was abandoned by 1580. The island is registered in the census map of Siviano, a village in the municipality of Monte Isola. In 1696 Vincenzo Coronelli, a Venetian geographer, recalls the island as owned by the heirs of Count Alessandro Martinengo.