Marforio. Pope Sixtus V Peretti had the statue moved to the Piazza di San Marco (Rome) in 1588, and then up to the Piazza del Campidoglio in 1592, where it decorates a fountain designed by Giacomo della Porta on a wall of the Basilica di Santa Maria in Ara Coeli, facing the Palazzo dei Conservatori. In 1645, the building of the Palazzo Nuovo enclosed the fountain into a courtyard.
Giacomo della Porta with Michelangelo Facade Designed by Carlo Maderno, 1608-1614 - ROME- St. Peter's of Rome
Key projects by 2017 Pritzker Prize laureates RCR Arquitectes
Soulages Museum, Rodez, France (2014) | RCR Arquitectes in collaboration with G Trégouët