Camigliano village flourished during the Middle Ages with a local economy dedicated mainly to the cultivation of grapes and olives. Walter Ghezzi bought the farm in 1957 and the oldest vineyards date back to 1959 and the first vintage of Brunello was produced in 1965. Today, the estate extends to over 530 hectares, of which 92 are planted with vines. Of these, 50 hectares of vineyard to the south of Montalcino, are planted with the renowned Sangiovese Grosso, used to make Brunello.
7 Pin31 Follower