Stutthof camp guards were publicly hanged, at 5.00 p.m. on July 4th, 1946 at Biskupia Gorka hill near Danzig. Trucks brought the prisoners to the execution ground, hands and legs tied with cords. The trucks were backed under the gallows and the condemned made to stand on the tailboards or on the chairs on which they had sat. When the preparations were complete, each truck was driven forward leaving them suspended. They were not hooded and given only a short drop.