Abandoned casino in Constanta, Romania, on the Black Sea. It's been empty since the Communist era (built in 1905). Romania's changing fortunes in the face of two world wars saw the casino fall into disrepair. During the Second World War, the building was used as a hospital. Under the post-war communist regime, it operated as a restaurant. By 1990, the place had become so run down that it was too expensive to maintain.